The Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA) schedules the theoretical examinations sitting every month and the schedule is announced 15 days prior to every sitting at the HCCA website.
When the student completes the theoretical training course, the academy will send the required documents (initial application) to the HCAA examination center “ΣΠΟΑ”. The student should contact the school at least 15 days before the initial application.
The student is obliged to fill in and send his/her application form for the sitting that he/she wishes to attend every time at the HCAA examination center (ΣΠΟΑ) by fax (+30 210 9973221) or by e-mail ([email protected]).
1. The student may take any number of subjects per sitting, there is no limitation.
2. The student can take more than one subject per day, but he/she must specify which ones on the examination application form.
3. The ATPL, CPL, IR and PPL students will be grouped by the school and this list will be sent to HCAA.
1. A pass in an examination paper will be awarded to an applicant achieving at least 75% of the marks allocated to that paper.
2. An applicant has passed all examination papers within a period of 18 months counted from the first attempted examination paper.
3. If an applicant has failed to pass one of the examination papers within 4 attempts or has failed to pass all examination papers within 6 sittings, the applicant shall re-take the complete set of examination papers.
Validity Period (Theory)
Τhe successful completion of the theoretical knowledge examinations will be valid for the issue of a commercial pilot license, instrument rating (IR) or en route instrument rating (EIR), for a period of 36 months.